Epilepsy Action is the oldest and largest provider of epilepsy services nationwide, we focus on improving self-management skills, increasing wider public understanding of this devastating condition, and are at the forefront of partnering and funding research into interventions and treatments.
Our comprehensive service and extensive ‘Knowledge Bank’ of information offers support across all aspects of epilepsy, including seizure management and psychological care, and very much focuses on providing the skills and tools necessary to self-manage the condition.
As the national leading authority on epilepsy, Epilepsy Action improves and saves lives by offering the following key services:
- a nationwide network of Epilepsy Nurse Educators providing education and services via phone, internet, teleconferencing and in the community
- individualised service plans and seizure management
- instant online access to quality information, resources and self-management tools
- psychological, social and emotional support
- medication and side effect information
- access to a network of specialist providers
- workshops and camps.
Many of our specialist services have been designed to cater to the needs of specific groups: children, parents, newly diagnosed, teenagers, seniors and Aborigines and Torres Strait Islanders.
The funds raised through this auction will help us continue to provide our vital services to those impacted by epilepsy around the country.